Friday, January 11, 2013

My Cardboard With Paper in It

freebooknotes.com
The title of the novel I chose is A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway. I chose this novel because it was the most interesting sounding title in the packet of options for novels to be read. The novel is based around the first world war and that sounded the most interesting to me. So far I have read to page forty two. A general summary of whats happened so far is the main character, Lieutenant Frederic Henry, is an American serving in the Italian Army. He travels around the bases which are mainly medical outposts. He moves when the main front moves. The novel is starting to move into a kind of love story because Frederic has met this woman named Ms. Barkley. I personally hope this love story doesn't unfold too much of my interest in this novel might fade. War is interesting, love on the other hand isn't so much. Otherwise the descriptions of war and the dialogue between the soldiers is interesting and entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you missed out on Individualized Lit. That's a fantastic class. However, I am glad you are here in World Lit. I will be interested in reading your blog as you read this Hemingway classic. I have my opinion; I will enjoy hearing what you think.

    ReplyDelete